Strengths-based approaches and practice in social care
Tailored Support workshop (one-day session)
Local authorities are implementing the concept of strength-based working across the country. This workshop investigates how this movement can be maximised across the wider social care workforce by embedding and cascading the different models in practice.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore what is meant by strengths-based working.
- Examine the legal and policy context of strengths-based practice and the evidence to support its use.
- Apply strengths-based models and communication skills.
- Consider barriers to strengths-based practice and enablers to overcome these.
- Identify own strengths and create an action plan to progress learning from the day.
Aimed at: Practitioners
Usual timings: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Related RiPfA resources:
- Developing strengths-based working locally (Strategic briefing)
- Embedding strengths-based working across the system (Frontline briefing)
- The role of social work in supporting strengths-based approaches with older people (Blog)
- Supporting older people in a strengths-based way (Blog)
- Embedding strengths-based working (Webinar)
Download an outline programme for this workshop as a PDF file
(available to logged-in Partners only)