Supporting strengths-based practice in social care – for practitioners
Tailored Support workshop (one-day session)
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore what is meant by strengths-based working.
- Examine the legal and policy context of strengths-based practice and the evidence to support its use.
- Apply strengths-based models and communication skills.
- Consider barriers to strengths-based practice and enablers to overcome these.
- Identify own strengths and created an action plan to progress your learning from the day.
Aimed at: Practitioners
Usual timings: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Related RiPfA resources:
- Developing strengths-based working locally (Strategic briefing) – COMING SOON!
- Embedding strengths-based working across the system (Frontline briefing) – COMING SOON!
- The role of social work in supporting strengths-based approaches with older people (Blog)
- Supporting older people in a strengths-based way (Blog)
- Working with outcomes (Practice tool)
Download an outline programme for this workshop as a PDF file
(available to logged-in Partners only)