Identifying outcomes and building on strengths
Tailored Support workshop (one-day session)
This workshop explores how we can support people using social care services to define the outcomes they want for themselves. There are opportunities to define outcomes and look at practical examples of outcomes-based practice using strengths-based models.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Define and advocate for outcomes-focused working across social care.
- Apply strengths-based models to conversations about outcomes.
- Understand the legal and policy context.
- Use research findings and other evidence to inform their practice.
- Utilise different tools and approaches to support practice.
- Evaluate their practice in terms of assessments and the focus on outcomes and strengths.
- Produce an action plan to embed learning and identify areas for development in their practice.
Aimed at: Practitioners and managers
Usual timings: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Related RiPfA resources:
- Working with outcomes (Practice Tool)
- Making an outcomes approach work in practice (Key Issue)
- Developing strengths-based working locally (Strategic briefing)
- Embedding strengths-based working across the system (Frontline briefing)
- Embedding strengths-based working (Webinar)
Download an outline programme for this workshop as a PDF file
(available to logged-in Partners only)