All of the evidence in one place: these publications gather together and conduct a complete examination of all of the research and evidence in existence relating to specific topics and concerns for the sector.
Published: Jul 2019
This briefing provides an accessible summary of how to embed quality and effective supervision in social care organisations.
The ultimate purpose of supervision in adult social care is to promote the wellbeing of adults and carers. This can be achieved through keeping adults and carers at the centre of supervision, adopting a strengths-based approach to supervision, supporting supervisees’ wellbeing and promoting wellbeing throughout the organisation.
Designed for: Supervisors and leaders in social care and integrated environments.
Number of pages: 20
Product code: AD-SUB-002
Published: Apr 2019
Court craft – the right blend of competencies to support confident assessment, analysis and presentation of information to court – is an important aspect of adult social care. Good, defensible decision-making is at its heart.
This briefing aims to support good court craft by:
- Reinforcing the importance of court craft skills and knowledge across different levels and roles, including explaining how these map against the Professional Capabilities Framework and Knowledge and Skills Statements.
- Identifying ways to enable practitioners to become knowledgeable, skilled, confident and credible when preparing for, and working in, a court setting.
- Considering ways to develop practitioners’ skills of good recording and clear, defensible decision-making.
- Providing details of resources and case law that will assist in keeping court craft skills and knowledge up-to-date, developing and deepening practitioners’ confidence and understanding.
- Offering points for reflection and discussion.
Designed for: Managers and supervisors – those working at the strategic level of the Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF) who have responsibility for the management, supervision and/or practice development of others. However, it will also be useful for wider groups of staff.
Number of pages: 32
Product code: AD-SUB-001