All of the evidence in one place: these publications gather together and conduct a complete examination of all of the research and evidence in existence relating to specific topics and concerns for the sector.
Published: Apr 2019
Court craft – the right blend of competencies to support confident assessment, analysis and presentation of information to court – is an important aspect of adult social care. Good, defensible decision-making is at its heart.
This briefing aims to support good court craft by:
- Reinforcing the importance of court craft skills and knowledge across different levels and roles, including explaining how these map against the Professional Capabilities Framework and Knowledge and Skills Statements.
- Identifying ways to enable practitioners to become knowledgeable, skilled, confident and credible when preparing for, and working in, a court setting.
- Considering ways to develop practitioners’ skills of good recording and clear, defensible decision-making.
- Providing details of resources and case law that will assist in keeping court craft skills and knowledge up-to-date, developing and deepening practitioners’ confidence and understanding.
- Offering points for reflection and discussion.
Designed for: Managers and supervisors – those working at the strategic level of the Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF) who have responsibility for the management, supervision and/or practice development of others. However, it will also be useful for wider groups of staff.
Number of pages: 32
Product code: AD-SUB-001