What we do - our offer
Broadly our work falls into two categories. One, we focus on the building blocks of good practice, developing learning and development resources to enable those working in health and social care to carry out their work effectively.
The second area is more ‘topic’ focused, providing learning and development resources to enable professionals to understand and work with specific issues facing adults and families accessing services, such as dementia, self-neglect and working with people who experience multiple and complex needs.
Our offer includes:
- Publications: from Strategic Briefings for leaders who need to make decisions about service design, to Frontline Briefings and Tools and Guides to support service delivery.
- Learning workshops: full-day events for approximately 20-30 participants focusing on exploring an issue in depth to evaluate the evidence against practitioner experience and discuss how to use it in practice.
- Webinars: online learning sessions lasting an hour, with a presentation from a leading expert on a particular topic, the opportunity to share information with other attendees and ask questions. Webinars are an accessible way to stay up to date with the latest guidance, knowledge and best practice.
- Partner network events: conferences and opportunities across the year for Partners to meet and share knowledge and information on specific issues.
- Research and Policy Update: our flagship monthly in-depth digest of the latest research evidence and policy information relating to sector priorities.
- Case Law Summaries: monthly overview and analysis of selected cases, highlighting implications and recommendations for practice.
- Annual consultation: for Partners only, to have your say on what’s important for the sector and where further development is needed to support improved performance.
- Online discussion forum: to share best practice and knowledge in order to support consistent and integrated high-quality approaches to the design and delivery of Adults’ Services.
- Monthly bulletins: signposting you to the latest resources, events, webinars, news from the sector and other opportunities to support your learning and development.
- Tailored Support: Partners receive an allocated number of days to use in a variety of different ways such as evaluating services, team training to strengthen service delivery or evidence reviews based on their organisational needs.
- Knowledge-sharing and collaborations: we are connected to Local Authorities across England and have existing collaborations and partnerships with other leading sector organisations and care providers, enabling us to support you in making valuable links and connections to share information, encourage integration and improve practice.
- Change Projects: a great opportunity to actively engage in research and make a difference to organisational practice. They bring together colleagues from across the network to work alongside topic experts, explore key messages from research and practice around a subject. This group develops resources to be piloted by the Partner network, resulting in valuable tools and guidance to support the delivery of effective practice.
- Evaluation services and commissioned work: designed to meet your brief, whether evaluating an existing service, measuring programme outcomes to demonstrate impact, delivering training to teams, embedding evidence-informed approaches or scoping the evidence to support the design of new services.