Join our team
Research in Practice for Adults is part of the Dartington Hall Trust, an independent charitable organisation trading ethically and sustainably as a social enterprise. As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to supporting, engaging and developing our staff.
Please see our current opportunities below.
Research and Development Manager (Children and Families Team)
The role will include:
- Line management responsibility for a small, busy team.
- Lead operational management for delivering the support offer to the RiP membership network.
- Leading on quality assurance of all outputs and the continuous improvement of our support offer to members.
- Developing our methods for supporting cross-network learning, ensuring our work remains relevant and adds value, and embedding and use of the RiP membership offer.
- Development and delivery of commissioned project work.
The successful candidate will bring:
- An excellent understanding of, children and family services, at local and national level
- Proven experience of implementing effective quality assurance processes to a wide range of learning outputs.
- Understanding of the principles of evidence-informed practice and a proven ability to synthesise complex evidence
- Very strong knowledge of the research, policy and academic environment
- Experience of building good collaborative relationships across and within organisations
This post could be based at our offices in Dartington, Devon, or Sheffield, but please note that interviews will be held in our Devon office.
For more information on this role, including a downloadable copy of the job description and how to apply please visit: https://www.dartington.org/research-and-development-manager-children-and-families-team/
Please note; for this role we are not accepting CVs
Become an Associate
We are always on the lookout for research, policy and practice experts who want to work with us and become RiPfA Associates on a freelance basis.
Our Associates are great facilitators, skilled researchers, people with evaluation skills, experts on a particular topic within social care, social work practitioners, experienced writers, or a combination of all of these.
If you would like to become a RiPfA Associate, please send us your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your skills and experience and examples of your work (if relevant) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you design high quality social care research or evaluate existing data sets to find out if a social care intervention is improving the lives of people who access services?
We are looking for researchers and evaluation professionals with experience of working with quantitative data and statistics to join the network of Associates working with RiPfA. As a freelance Evaluation Associate you will work on projects to design and conduct research into social care.